Selling a home can be stressful, but we have compiled a list of five renovations that should be done prior to putting a home on the market to ensure homeowners get the best price for their home in the fastest time possible.
These are our top five:
- A fresh coat of neutral paint: A fresh coat of paint can certainly elevate a home’s appearance, and neutral colors are the best to choose. The neutral colors allow potential buyers to best visualize the colors they will want when they buy the home.
- Update the bathroom: A bathroom is a place many potential buyers focus on, so it is important to make sure it’s looking and functioning in tip-top shape. Updating fixtures in the bathroom can help increase the value.
- Make the home more energy efficient: Many potential buyers look for energy-efficient appliances and upgrades that have been made. In addition to helping sell the house, it can also help in lowering energy bills, so it is a win-win!
- Update flooring: Flooring is another aspect many potential buyers often lay emphasis on, so whether it is replacing an old carpet with a new one, or updating to wood floors, this can drastically improve the value and desirability of a home.
- Update curb appeal – including the front door: Adding some shrubs or putting a fresh coat of paint on the front door can help sell a home. Although we are taught not to judge a book by its cover, that is exactly what potential home buyers do, so it is important to ensure the home looks as good outside as it does in.
Have renovations you need to make to your home before putting it on the market? We are ready to help! Contact us today for an estimate.